Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an important driver of economic growth of a country. Even Govt. of India has recognized the importance of entrepreneurship and has introduced programs like "Make in India" & "Start-up India".
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at JIMS is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities in the budding professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures. Our institute strives to provide infrastructure and other required support to the students having innovative ideas to transform into new products and services for the betterment of the society. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution of their start up idea into a real business.This cell aims to foster the entrepreneurship culture among the students and epitomize the power of innovation. Since its inception, EDC has been primarily responsible for stimulating, sustaining and supporting entrepreneurial endeavors within the campus, providing them with necessary assistance and resources.
The cell firmly believes in harvesting innovative ideas and intends to nurture them and help in building an effective and a vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem within the institute.
Hence an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was constituted in the institute with a dedicated team of actively working faculty along with some student representatives. Aspiring entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through Lectures, Workshops and Seminars by eminent people from the industry. At JIMS, we encourage the students to consider self-employment as a career option, providing necessary training in Entrepreneurship skills conducted by this Cell. The cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
- To create the awareness of entrepreneurship among the students.
- To act as a institutional catalyst for providing various services including information to budding/ student entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Institution and in the surrounding areas.
- To foster better linkages between the Institute, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organisations.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to budding enterprises.
Long Term Goals (5 Years)
- Motivate students to develop their own startups
- Develop business incubators
- Create corpus fund to seed ventures
Short Term Goals (2 Years)
- To provide a platform for interaction with entrepreneurs
- Impart entrepreneurial education/skills amongst students through various trainings and exercise
- Arrange vibrant interaction with organizations promoting the cause of entrepreneurship.
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of budding entrepreneurs.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies
- To organize guest lectures, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of entrepreneurship.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approvaland execution of their projects.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes,technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
- To provide expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
Organization Structure of EDC
||Name of the Person
||Dr. Priyanka Singh (Director)
||Prof. Kamlesh Meshram
||Prof. Harini Rajan
||Prof. Kumar Pawar
||Prof. Akash Sane
||Mr. Rahul Mhatre
||Mr. Mahesh Bhosale
||Ms. Shamli Shinde