1. To provide representation for students in a democratic process of planning, supervising, administering, and coordinating various activities and affairs as affect the general welfare of the institute (JIMS Pune) and students (of JIMS Pune)
2. To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship by promoting harmonious relations throughout the Institute.
3. To look after all the issues and problems concerning the students of JIMS Pune and to direct the grievances and suggestions of the students to the concerned administration for addressal through the Student Council framework.
4. To Apply knowledge in creative ways and Experimenting with new ideas, identities, and skills
1. Debates, lectures, discussions, study circles, essay, competitions etc.
2. Cultural performance and contests.
3. Indoor games.
4. Publication of magazine, newsletters etc.
5. Trips and Industrial visits to places of historical and educational importance.
6. Social Service and Social Relief Activities.
7. Organise poor Boys Fund and Book Bank to help needy Students.
8. Such other activities as will further the realization of the above aims and objects.